We depend on our visitors to help us maintain the beauty of our gardens. Our plant collections, like other museum collections, are very important to us and to our visitors.
For those reasons, we ask that you observe the following rules during your visit:
- We welcome group visits. It is best to schedule your visit in advance through The Arboretum office.
- Do not remove flowers, foliage, insects or plants. Specimen collection is prohibited unless you have special permission from The Arboretum office.
- Use the trash receptacles provided.
- Operate motorized vehicles on the entrance driveway and designated parking area only. Exception: motorized wheel chairs and approved service vehicles.
- The paved walk around The Arboretum is reserved for walkers & joggers. Walkers have the right-of-way. All others shall yield.
- Team sport and training activities are prohibited.
- Keep pets on leashes and remove waste.
- Do not release animals into The Arboretum ecosystem.
- Open fires and grilling are prohibited.
- Alcohol is prohibited.
- Professional photographers must register with The Arboretum Office to obtain rules and regulations.
- Members of the press are encouraged to contact The Arboretum office prior to arrival.
- Plant labels and tags provide important information. Do not move or take labels.
- No dogs allowed in the Home Demonstration Garden or in any other planted bed, including the Rose Garden and the Walk Across Kentucky plantings.